RV Rental Jacksonville
Renting an RV in Jacksonville or making it your road trip destination is something to look forward to! Jacksonville is the largest city in Florida by population (900 thousand) and land area (747 square miles). The metro area of JAX, as it is known to local folks totals 1.6 million people.
Being in sunny Florida and on the Atlantic coast, Jacksonville is a very popular place for tourist. There are many golf courses, beaches, campgrounds and entertainment choices. Go RV Rentals lists hundreds of motorhomes, travel trailers, campers and camper vans for rent in the following cities and nearby areas:
Jacksonville RV Rental
St. Augustine Camper Rental
Fernandina Beach Motorhome Rental
Jacksonville Beach Campervan Rental
Orange Park Toy Hauler Rental
Middleburg Pop-up Camper Rental
Green Cove Springs Travel Trailer Rental
Macclenny Class A Rental
St. Marys Class C Rental
Golf Courses in Jacksonville
There are over 70 courses throughout the greater Jacksonville area. The TPC Sawgrass golf course designed by Pete Dye is the most famous course. It hosts the Players Championship on a stadium course and home to PGA of America.
Amelia Island offers 117 holes of golf. Nearby St. Augustine, the USA’s oldest town hosts the World Golf Village, featuring the World Golf Hall of Fame and two of the area’s top resort golf courses, The King & Bear co-designed by Jack Nicklaus and Arnold Palmer and Slammer & Squire.
Jacksonville Beaches and Communities
The main beaches near Jacksonville are Mayport, Atlantic, Neptune, Jacksonville, and Ponte Vedra.
You might like Mayport Beach if you want to do some hiking and biking and eat some great seafood. Atlantic Beach is popular with locals and tourists. It’s known for its laid-back vibe. Neptune beach offers splendid sunsets and sunrises and is not as crowded as some other beaches. Jacksonville Beach has something for everyone with nearby by golf courses, entertainment and superb surfing. Finally Ponte Vedra Beach is a resort community with family-friendly beaches and home to the PGA Players Championship.
Campgrounds Near Jacksonville
Flamingo Lake RV Resort
Accommodations include RV sites, cabins and yurts. The RV sites are beautiful, spacious and will accommodate any size RV rental. Holiday weekends require 3-day minimum stay. In March the featured event is the Pink Flamingo Car Show and Chili Cook-off.
Pecan Park RV Resort
RV Park with stunning views, beautiful weather and a friendly atmosphere. Enjoy fishing, swimming or a game of horseshoes Located near the airport, museums and entertainment and dining options. Wi-Fi access and pet-friendly are just two of the feature-rich amenities offered.
Kelly’s Countryside RV Park
Economical ($38 per night) full hook-up RV sites in an unspoiled natural setting. This perfect location is 25 miles to Amelia Island and Fernandina Beach and 30 minutes from downtown Jacksonville. Kelly’s have amazing wildlife in the surrounding woods. They offer a friendly hospitality, relaxed atmosphere in peaceful setting.
Must-Experience Things to See and Do in Jacksonville
While visiting Jacksonville enjoy 22 miles of beaches, world-class fishing, historic neighborhoods, vibrant street scene, tasty coastal cuisine, delicious craft beer, vibrant nightlife and so much more! According to Visit Jacksonville, here are our 14 experiences you can’t leave Jacksonville without trying:
- Riding the St. Johns River Taxi– it’s not just for transportation, it’s the best and most affordable way to see Jacksonville from the water –and one of the prettiest ways too!
- Visiting one of our museums. From the history of the beaches, to our city history, African American history, to ancient art, we have it all!
- Following the Jax Ale Trail and having a beer at one of our hometown craft breweries.
- Eating some Mayport Shrimp, they catch it off our coast in the historic Mayport Village.
- Exploring Black Rock Beach or any one of our over 400 national, state and city parks.
- Eating a big breakfast – We love hometown favorites Maple Street Biscuit Company and Metro Diner, but there are so many more AMAZING breakfast spots!
- Enjoying the waves and learning to surf or paddleboard.
- Watching the sunrise along our 22 miles of beaches. Boneyard Beach in Big Talbot Island is a must for the perfect sunrise pic!
- Touring our historic neighborhoods – Riverside, Avondale, San Marco, Springfield and Murray Hill.
- Checking out the awesome public art scene– there are murals and sculptures everywhere you look in Downtown Jax.
- Taking a photo of the skyline from Friendship Fountain.
- Getting your sweet on at Sweet Pete’s or Peterbrooke Chocolate.
- Going for a sunset stroll down the River Walk in Downtown and spotting some dolphins and manatees.
- Enjoying a cocktail at one of our rooftop bars overlooking the river or the ocean.
State Parks Close to Jacksonville
Fort Clinch State Park
At this 1,400 acre civil war site, visitors can explore galleries and grounds and experience living history programs as they learn about the life of a Union soldier. Visit on the first weekend of every month and witness a soldier garrison firing cannons and demonstrating other battlefield skills. Hiking and biking are popular here as are camping, fishing, shelling and shark-tooth hunting.
Amelia Island State Park
Come here to see 200 acres of virgin wilderness along the southern tip of Amelia Island. Beautiful beaches, salt marshes and coastal maritime forests provide visitors spectacular views. Horseback riding along the beach is an awesome experience. Fishing is also great!
Big Talbot Island State Park
This sea island is a nature preserve providing a foremost place for nature study, photography and bird-watching. Boating, Kayaking and paddling boarding are some of the popular watersports. Biking along the Timucuan Trail that runs beside A1A is a fun adventure.